Child & Adult Care Food Program
The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is an extension of the national school lunch program which reimburses child care providers a set reimbursement rate for serving nutritious meals and snacks to children in their care. The goal of the program is to provide nutritious meals to children, introduce them to a variety of foods, promote good eating habits, and provide opportunities for them to learn about food.
What are the benefits of participating in CACFP?
- Continue to receive nutritious meals and snacks in spite of rising food costs
- Develop good eating habits
- Learn about nutrition through regular visits from the sponsor
- Be assured their children are receiving balanced, nutritious meals
- Not be asked to pay the expense of meal reimbursement
- Increase their income without raising their rates while adhering to the CACFP standards to best meet the needs of the children
- Enhance their professional skills through free nutrition training
- Have opportunities to network with other providers
Child Development Home Providers will be reimbursed to serve nutritious meals and snacks to the children. All it takes is a few minutes per day.
Reimbursement rates for July 1st, 2015-June 30th, 2016 are:
- Breakfast ranges from $.48 to $1.32
- Lunch and Suppers range from $1.50 to $2.48
- Snacks range from $.20 to $.74
|Child Development Home Providers Contact:||Child Care Centers Contact:|
|Clydene Canady||Robin Holz|
|Mid-Sioux Opportunity, Inc.||Bureau of Nutrition, Health & Transportation|
|Lyon, Sioux, Plymouth, Cherokee & Ida Counties||Grimes State Office Building|
|418 S. Marion Street||400 E 14th Street|
|Remsen, IA 51050||Des Moines, IA 50319-0146|
800-859-2025, ext. 3492