Child Care Collaborative of Iowa
About Financial Management Consulting
Financial Management Consultants (FMC) work with child care business administrators (Child Care Centers and Child Development Home providers) to offer specific financial management consultation to identify and implement strategies to strengthen fiscal sustainability and support high-quality programming. The FMC supports programs in understanding business such as enrollment strategies, full-fee collection and cost-per-child calculations utilizing a Child Care Management System (CCMS) software. CCMS helps providers to implement business practices, supports efficient operations, budgeting, fee collection and financial reporting. FMC's will provide services in a collaborative, reflective and efficient manner - according to the contractor’s mission and philosophy along with agency goals.
Do you have questions about the Child Care Management System and process for enrolling? Please review our Frequently Asked Questions document or contact a Financial Management Consultant.
About Child Care Management Software
A Child Care Management System (CCMS) is a software product specifically designed to help child care providers automate their day-to-day operations so that staff have more time to spend with children. CCMS provides digital tools for tasks such as enrollment, daily attendance, billing, waitlist management, hourly ratio reports, daily activities in classrooms, communication tools for families and more! Two CCMS vendors were selected by the state, brightwheel and Playground, connect with an FMC Specialist to learn more.
- CCMS Provider Selection Tool (in Excel)
- See what Playground has to offer and schedule a demonstration to learn even more
- See what brightwheel has to offer and schedule a demonstration to learn even more
What are the benefits of working with a Financial Management Consultant?
- Modernize Your Child Care Business flyer
- Working with a Financial Management Consultant (FMC) with Child Care Collaborate of Iowa will help child care programs navigate Child Care Management System (CCMS)
- Ensure staff and families are enrolled in CCMS
- Setting up auto payment for families
- Smooth running sign-in/sign-out process
- Manage enrollment
- Implement new communication strategies between staff and families
- Learn how to run reports to better understand the financial side of their business
- Quality to apply for a technology grant
- Review budgets and implement sound business practices
What is required for program eligibility?
- A program must be a registered Child Development Home (CDH), a licensed Child Care Center or in the process of opening a new child care business with the intent to be registered or licensed.
What is required to apply for services?
- Online Application for Financial Management Consultation
- To find out more or apply email FMC@midsioux.org
- Contact our Financial Management Consultants: 844-786-1016
Where are services available?
Child Care Collaboration of Iowa services are available in all 99 counties in Iowa.
Stabilize and Grow your Business
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) - FAQ for child care programs
- Business Technical Assistance for Child Development Homes
- CCMS Provider Selection Tool (in Excel)
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) - reimbursement program for meals & snacks
- Child Care Resource & Referral - Iowa's number one resource for all things child care
- Child Care WAGE$® Iowa - salary supplement program
- Donation Review - fillable form to help providers review options
- Early Childhood Iowa - statewide system committed to the first 2,000 days of life
- First Children's Finance - business resource center for Child Care Centers
- Home Grown - Preparing for the Tax Season (in Spanish)
- Iowa DCI - launch pad for Non-Criminal Justice forms
- Iowa Source Link - helping Iowa business start and grow
- Opportunities Exchange - CCMS: Frequently Asked Questions
- Opportunities Exchange - Financial Management Toolkits
- Opportunities Exchange - Iron Triangle: A Simple Formula for Financial Policy in ECE Programs (in Spanish)
- Opportunities Exchange - Using Metrics to Drive Quality and Sustainability in Early Care and Education Programs
- Recruitment & Retention - recruitment for early childhood professionals
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® IOWA - Teacher Education and Compensation Helps
Helping People. Changing Lives.
Child Care Collaborative of Iowa Mission
Guide child care programs to improve financial practices and optimize resources that benefit children, families and their business.