Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R)
What are the benefits of this program?
Child Care Provider Benefits
- Assistance in starting a child care business: home or center
- Technical assistance and on-site consultation with Child Care Consultants to increase the quality of child care
- Assistance in meeting the state of Iowa licensing and registration requirements
- Assistance with application for a rating in Iowa's Quality Rating System (QRS)
- Access to training opportunities for professional development
- Review more benefits on the Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) Provider webpage
- Free, confidential referrals to local child care providers who best meet the needs of a child and the family
- Guidance in what to look for in quality child care - Guide to Choosing Quality Child Care Booklet (Spanish, Burmese, Swahili)
- Resources to make a Family Emergency Preparedness plan
- Referrals to other agencies to assist in paying for early childhood care and education
- To request a list of child care providers - call 855-244-5301 or visit the Family webpage
Employer & Community Benefits:
- Data about trends specific to local needs
- Information regarding early childhood advocacy issues for businesses
- Opportunities to partner with CCR&R based on local needs for communities
What is required for program eligibility?
CCR&R services are not dependent on income guidelines.
What documentation is required to apply for services?
CCR&R services are not dependent on income guidelines. However, if a family is interested in applying for Child Care Assistance (CCA) with the Iowa Department of Human Services, there are income guidelines.
The Child Care Assistance (CCA) program supports low-income families with parents, who are looking for work, employed or attending school to pursue vocational or educational training. Current assistance programs for child care include: Child Care Assistance, PROMISE JOBS and tax credits. To learn more and apply please visit the Department of Human Services website on Paying for Child Care.
Where are services available?
CCR&R services are available in the following 23 NW Iowa counties: Buena Vista, Calhoun, Cherokee, Clay, Crawford, Dickinson, Emmet, Hamilton, Humboldt, Ida, Kossuth, Lyon, O'Brien, Osceola, Palo Alto, Plymouth, Pocahontas, Sac, Sioux, Webster, Winnebago, Woodbury and Wright
Helping Iowa Families
Child Care Resource & Referral provides services that help parents make informed choices about the care of their children. Learn about your options and get a referral that's right for you.Learn More
Review the federal poverty guidelines income eligibility chart for program services.
- Iowa Child Abuse Hotline - 800-362-2178
- Department of Human Services for families
- Early Childhood Iowa family support
- How to open a home child care business
- How to open a child care center
- Request an application packet to become a registered Child Development Home (CDH)
- Child Care Ready - accelerated professional development series
- Connect with CCR&R of NW Iowa staff
Helping People. Changing Lives.
CCR&R provides resources, education and advocacy to support quality child care. CCR&R is committed to ensure that Iowa's vision is met: All children, beginning at birth, will be healthy and successful.