Family Development and Self-Sufficiency (FaDSS) is a home visitation program for low-income families available in all 99 counties in Iowa. FaDSS families participate voluntarily in free services in partnership with their FaDSS Family Development Specialist who works with the whole family to address their basic needs, improve child well-being and develop career opportunities that, in turn, improve lives, families and communities.
What are the benefits of FaDSS?
- Provides services to support families.
- Services include: Goal setting, self-advocacy, parenting skills, employment options, job skills, housing, budgeting, resources, family safety, child development and more!
- A partnership between Specialists and families to address barriers affecting their success.
- Highly trained Certified Family Development Specialists help area families move toward individual growth, job retention, and economic stability.
What is required for program eligibility?
- The FaDSS program is free and voluntary.
- Household income must be at or below 175% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
What is required to apply for services?
- Clients need to provide verification income.
- Clients need to provide verification of their social security number.
- Contact our Family Development Coordinator:
- Phone: 712-786-2001
- Email: email@example.com
Where are services available?
FaDSS services are available in the following seven NW Iowa counties: Lyon, Sioux, Plymouth, Cherokee, Ida, Sac and Calhoun
Learn More About FaDSS
Review the federal poverty guidelines income eligibility chart for program services.
- Iowa Department of Human Rights
- Iowa FaDSS
- Family Investment Program - Frequently Asked Questions
- To apply for Family Investment Program (FIP), use this link and create an account to begin the process
- Family Development Specialist search by County
Helping People. Changing Lives.
Dedicated to building partnerships with Iowa families to alleviate the conditions that cause poverty by building on their strengths of resourcefulness and resilience.