What are the benefits of this program?
- Help pay a portion of past-due utility bills to bring the account current and/or to avert disconnection of services.
- Assist in reconnection of utility services.
- Emergency delivery of propane/fuel to households.
- Heating system repair or replacement.
- Help pay a portion of past-due rent payment to bring the account current and/or to avert eviction.
- Provide limited gas and food voucher assistance.
- Food pantries can provide a 3-day supply of food, household, and hygiene products. Available in Sioux and Cherokee counties only.
What is required for program eligibility?
- Meet income guidelines: 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
What is required to apply for services?
- Crisis Request Application - English
- Crisis Request Application - Spanish
- Proof of Income - last 30 days or current tax return
- Past due electric, fuel or rent bill
- Social security cards for all household members (for some of the crisis programs)
- LiHEAP Application - English
- LiHEAP Application - Spanish
Where are services available?
Crisis services are available in the following five NW Iowa counties: Lyon, Sioux, Plymouth, Cherokee and Ida
Where are to apply for services?
- Online Application
- Remsen - 418 South Marion Street
- Cherokee - 921 South 2nd Street
- Ida Grove - 401 Moorehead
- Rock Rapids - 302 S Lincoln
- LeMars - 180 10th Street SE
- Sioux Center - 618 14th St. NE, Suite 10
Need text for here
Helping People. Changing Lives.