Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program (LiHEAP)
What are the benefits of this program?
- Helps keep families safe and healthy through initiatives that assist families with energy costs.
- Receive a one-time payment to assist with household heating costs, regardless of heating fuel type.
- Protects qualified applicants who are the head of a household from being disconnected from natural gas or electric service during the annual winter moratorium, normally November 1 through April 1.
What is required for program eligibility?
- Meet income guidelines: 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Owners and renters both qualify
- Program available from November 1st to April 30th
- Elderly & disabled households can apply starting October 1st
What is required to apply for services?
- Income verification - see Income Guidelines 2023
- Utility Vendor Verification
- LiHEAP Application - English
- LiHEAP Application - Spanish
- Checklist for Applicants
Where to apply for services?
- Remsen - 418 South Marion Street
- Cherokee - 921 South 2nd Street
- Ida Grove - 401 Moorehead
- Rock Rapids - 302 S Lincoln
- LeMars - 180 10th Street SE
- Sioux Center - 618 14th St. NE, Suite 10
Helping People. Changing Lives.
To ensure basic rights, freedoms, and opportunities for all by empowering underrepresented Iowans and eliminating economic, social, and cultural barriers.