Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program (LiHEAP)
What are the benefits of this program?
- Helps keep families safe and healthy through initiatives that assist families with energy costs.
- Receive a one-time payment to assist with household heating costs, regardless of heating fuel type.
- Protects qualified applicants who are the head of a household from being disconnected from natural gas or electric service during the annual winter moratorium, normally November 1 through April 1.
What is required for program eligibility?
- Meet income guidelines: 175% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Owners and renters both qualify
- Program available from November 1st to April 30th
- Elderly & disabled households can apply starting October 1st
What is required to apply for services?
Helping People. Changing Lives.
To ensure basic rights, freedoms, and opportunities for all by empowering underrepresented Iowans and eliminating economic, social, and cultural barriers.