Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
What are the benefits of weatherization?
- Conserves energy
- Solves certain health and safety problems in the client's homes
- Maintains affordable housing for low-income persons
- Saves money on your utility bill
- Reduces environmental pollution
What is required for program eligibility?
- Meet income guidelines: 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Owners and renters both qualify
What is required to apply for services?
- Can apply for weatherization at the same time you apply for the LiHEAP program
- Applications are taken over the phone at our local outreach offices
- LiHEAP Application - English
- LiHEAP Application - Spanish
Where are services available?
Weatherization services are available in the following five NW Iowa counties: Lyon, Sioux, Plymouth, Cherokee and Ida
Where to apply for services?
- Online Application
- Remsen - 418 South Marion Street
- Cherokee - 921 South 2nd Street
- Ida Grove - 401 Moorehead
- Rock Rapids - 302 S Lincoln
- LeMars - 180 10th Street SE
- Sioux Center - 618 14th St. NE, Suite 10
A contract energy auditor will inspect:
- Combustion appliances
- Heating system
- Chimney function
- Water heater
- Stove & oven
- Attic & basement air leaks
- Low-cost energy measures
A weatherization plan will be developed & may include:
- Furnace tune & clean, repair/replacement
- Water heater repair/replacement
- Attic, sidewall, crawl space & band joist insulation
- Seal cracks & holes
- Smoke & carbon monoxide detectors
- LED light bulbs
Iowa Department of Human Rights
Weatherization makes energy-efficient repairs to home by providing comfort while saving on utility costs and ensuring the health and safety of residents. Through weatherization improvements and upgrades, households save on average $283 or more every year according to a national evaluation of the program.
Click the button below to visit the Iowa Department of Human Rights WAP website and access more information.Learn More
Review the federal poverty guidelines income eligibility chart for program services.
Helping People. Changing Lives.
To ensure basic rights, freedoms, and opportunities for all by empowering underrepresented Iowans and eliminating economic, social, and cultural barriers.