Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa (Hawki)
are Happy Kids!
They do well in school, have fun with their friends, and they grow up well. Hawki is a program that provides free or low-cost health care coverage for Iowa children.
Visit the Department of Human Services website to access Hawki information.
What are the benefits of Hawki?
- Doctor's visits
- Inpatient hospital services
- Prescription drugs
- Outpatient hospital services
- Mental health services
- Dental cleanings and check-ups
- Fluoride treatments
- Fillings and crowns
- And much more!
What is required for program eligibility?
To determine if your child/children qualify for the Hawki program, they must meet the below requirements:
- A resident of the state of Iowa
- Under 19 years of age
- Have no other health insurance
- A citizen of the United States or a qualified alien
- Be in a family that meets the Hawki income limits
- Not a dependent of a State of Iowa employee
- Not currently covered under the Medicaid program
What is required to apply for services?
Convenient ways to file an application for the Hawki program:
Helping People. Changing Lives.
Healthy Kids are Happy Kids!