How do children and pregnant women in Iowa benefit from I-Smile™?
A registered dental hygienist works as the I-Smile™ & I-Smile™@School Coordinator to provide the following services:
- Community outreach to raise awareness about good oral health
- Follow-up care and help with scheduling dentist appointments
- Care coordination to:
- Help with transportation
- Help with interpreter services
- Help finding payment source for dental care
- Partnerships with local medical and dental providers to help provide referrals and to train medical offices to provide fluoride varnish during well-child visits
- Dental hygienists and nurses provide the following preventative dental services for infants, children, and pregnant women:
- Dental screenings
- Fluoride varnish
- Dental sealants (I-Smile™@School)
- Oral health education
What is required for program eligibility?
Children from birth through age 21 and pregnant women quality for I-Smile™ services.
I-Smile@School is for all students at schools selected based on the percent of children participating in the free or reduced-price school lunch program.
What documentation is required to apply for services?
Services provided for children at the following locations:
- WIC Clinics (infants, children, and pregnant women)
- Head Start Centers
- School Systems
Helping People. Changing Lives.
From little smiles to lifelong smiles, improving the health of Iowans.