Empowering families and individuals
to achieve their highest potential.
Our goal is to strive to assist low-income families in becoming self-sufficient. A wide variety of programs, services, and referrals reflect this accomplishment. Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
To apply for services, please call our office to schedule an appointment.
You will need at least the following items to apply for services:
- Proof of Income – Last 30 days or Current Tax Return
- Social Security Cards for all Household Members
- Heat and Electric Bills
Staff will inform applicants of other documentation that may be needed when scheduling the appointment.
Services offered at Mid-Sioux Opportunity Outreach offices (services may vary per location):
- Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program (LiHEAP) - program details
- Low-income Household Water Assistance Program (LiHWAP) - program details
- Weatherization - program details
- Head Start and Early Head Start - program details
- Disaster Assistance - program details
- Rent and Utility Assistance
- Schedule WIC Appointments
- Crisis Services
- Embrace Iowa
- Back-to-School Project
- Thanksgiving Project
- Christmas Project
- Food Pantry
- Resources and Referrals to other Community Services
Review the federal poverty guidelines income eligibility chart for program services.
Download the Client Appeal and Hearing Procedures document.
418 S Marion Street
Remsen, IA 51050
Fax: (712) 208-4949
Toll Free: (800) 859-2025
Hearing Impaired Call 711
Mon-Fri - 8am-4:30pm
921 South 2nd Street
Cherokee, IA 51012
Mon, Wed, Fri - 8am-4:30pm
Ida County Courthouse
Ida Grove, IA 51445
Thursday - 9am-4pm
302 S Lincoln
Rock Rapids, IA 51246
Wednesday - 9am-4pm
180 10th Street SE, Box 1
Le Mars, IA 51031
Tues. & Thurs. - 9am-4pm
618 14th St. NE, Suite 10 Sioux Center, IA 51250
Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri - 8am-4:30pm